Sometimes the best way to find out about something is to ask questions about it. So if you want to know about mobile phone insurance, review the answers to the questions below.
Why might you need it?
You may need mobile phone cover because without it, you may need to pay for a replacement or repairs to your phone, or go without one. Some phone users may assume that their manufacturer’s warranty may be all that they need, but it may be worth pausing to consider whether you would get any benefit from having mobile phone cover.
What may be covered?
For mobile phone cover, the risks that may be protected may typically include:
– breakdown outside of the manufacturer’s warranty period. Whilst you may not wish to contemplate your telephone breaking down, you may wish to put a plan in place in case it should;
– accidental damage. Even careful people have accidents. Some gadget insurance policies may even cover damage caused by liquids;
– theft. Phones are portable and valuable – an ideal target for thieves. With theft cover, you may have to follow a tight procedure for making claims. Accordingly, you may wish to check out the policy documents for how many hours you have to phone the police and get a crime number;
– accidental loss. Some insurers may offer this as an additional extra, for which you may have to pay a slight premium. Although when you think about it this is only fair given that this risk is entirely due to the phone owner; and
– data backup. This may be available when you have activated your insurance policy.
Where does it apply?
If you take your mobile phone everywhere, even abroad, then there is no point agreeing to a mobile phone insurance policy that only applies to the United Kingdom. Accordingly, you may wish to ensure that you choose a phone policy that offers worldwide cover.
As with any insurance product, terms and conditions, exclusions and limitations will apply and you may wish to read these carefully to ensure you understand them.
When will your phone be replaced?
Given that you may typically use your phone several times a day, you may wish to check that your insurer can guarantee to replace the phone quickly following a successful claim on your mobile phone insurance. Some insurers may typically guarantee that the phone is replaced within 48 hours.
How much does it cost?
Prices of mobile phone insurance may depend on the make, model and age of your mobile. Aside from the annual price, you may wish to bear in mind whether the premium can be paid monthly, whether any free cover is included and whether any discounts are available for other gadgets to be added.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/4897845